Saturday, July 24, 2010

Half Way There


So as I posted last weekend I am in the process of writing a new YA Paranormal titled UNDISTURBED, and I've just reached the half way mark. Yippie! Okay, so it's not the worlds largest hurdle. The book is only clocking in at about 50,000 words, but 25K in one week is still something to smile about.

I'm just happy to have something to occupy my brain from reading my editorial review of True Beginnings: Genesis for the hundredth time, but that's a post for another day.

My new project is really sucking me in, this character Deyan (Love her name) is so damaged in ways that she doesn't even know, it makes me sad, but gives me that "standing on a crate" moment were I yell at the monitor "Kick his A$$". Which I never had to do with True (She always kicked butt in a major way). Deyan's younger (Only by a year, but it feels like more), fragile, and at some points weak.

I guess the real difference is that True is a kick butt action heroine, strong in every sense of the word, while Deyan is a girl, with an amazing story, but still just a girl.

Official Theme Song For UNDISTURBED:

Bombay Bicycle Club-How can you swallow so much sleep

Yes! Also from the Twilight: Eclipse Soundtrack, what can I say they really know how to pick um.

2 comments:

  1. I am so happy that you are making so much progress with it. I guess it was hiding inside just waiting to come out. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete

Yay! I love comments.