Friday, August 13, 2010

WriteonCon! Whooo Hoooo, Whooo Hooo (It's stuck in my head)




Writeoncon was such an awesome experience. I almost feel lost without a reason to rush home and long on. I'm still trolling the forums for more crumbs of knowledge. The organizers really packed the three days full of helpful chats, professional opinions and some very funny you-tube videos (I'm still laughing at naked barbie and the pie in the face.)

I even got the first five pages of one of my works in progress critiqued by Kathleen Ortiz: http://writeoncon.com/2010/08/the-first-five-pages-part-two-by-literary-agent-kathleen-ortiz/

BTW, I'm already totally re-writing, using the new techniques I picked up from my reading.

I also had the chance to meet some amazing writers, so of who are now my critique partners. The most important thing I've taking from the conference is to not stress about the query, the genre, the edgy issues. That it's all about writing a unique and entertaining story, and approaching the process of query as professional as possible. I very much look forward to next years conference.

Thanks again to the organizers. You gal's rock!

1 comment:

  1. I know! I'll be singing that song for weeks... lol! It was awesome tho. I got a lot out of it. I missed that last night chat with Regina tho. Did you see it? It's not posted. I wanna know the answer to that question about a 20year old protag being fit for YA..... what'd I miss????
    email me! :)

    ReplyDelete

Yay! I love comments.