Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Update :o)

Welcome Summer, or as Arizonian's like to call it, hell :o)



It's been six long, torturous weeks since I resubmitted UNDISTURBED to the agents and guess what...Still no news. (I know Big Surprise there) Anywho, I've been keeping myself busy with my holiday romance, which is now out for Beta before the FINAL edit.

I'm really looking forward to it being complete. It's my first Adult project so that makes me kind of nervous, but a story is a story right?

Speaking of Stories, I just started a brand new novel June 1st. YA Speculative Fiction and I'm taking a page from Stephen King's: On Writing with this one. 2,000 words a day for the next 6 weeks. I'm updating my stats daily so if you care to follow you can always check my blog for an update.

I'm on day 4 and really enjoying it. I can already tell the difference in this project from Undisturbed.

1. I'm letting myself free write the scenes. Their all over written, but that's what you're supposed to do during the rough draft. It helps me get to know my characters. And it's been my experience that it's easier to cut than to have to add.

2. I have a story map as a guide, but I'm not afraid to veer off course.

3. I have a story bible, which tells me all the major plot points

4. I writing for myself, the way that I would want the story told.

My intentions for every project is to create something unique and entertaining, and informative. This project deals with some very complicated relationships. I'll tell you more after the draft is complete.

It fells great to be writing something new after nearly three years with UNDISTURBED, which I still haven't given up on.

Happy writing and reading to you. And don't forget your sun screen :o)

1 comment:

Yay! I love comments.