Wednesday, November 24, 2010

I'm Finished!! or Just Beginning

I began writing UNDISTURBED on July 17th and today I finally typed the last word. This project feels a million times better than my first, maybe it was all my research, or the challenge of writing a Paranormal Suspense, or the fact that it's my third completed novel this year. The list really goes on and on, but I think it's the fact that this story formed it's own legs while trying to rewrite my first novel, which was developmentally challenged. Even after writing the first 25,000 words of Undisturbed in a week. I stopped and started reading HOW TO WRITE A BREAK OUT NOVEL and eventually moved on to HOOKED. Those too books alone prompted me to start from scratch and really challenge my writing.

I can honestly say that this story is better for it and I'm happy to be entering my favorite stage of writing again, editing. The draft is amazing to finish, but the editing is where it really becomes a great story. I know with my story map and my development questions and a couple of more books that I really have something special in this story, and have laid a foundation for the projects to come.

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Cannot wait to see your novel in print.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WRITING THE BREAK OUT NOVEL is that good? I'm reading The Career Novelist right now. And I just finished Writing and Selling the YA Novel. Plus I went to my first conference in October.

    This book feels miles above the first two. I'm not sure how much of it is all the craft books I'm reading, how much is the character development I did this time around, and how much is just my growth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratuluations! I can't wait to read it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy for you and it will sparkle even more after edits, can't wait to read it.=oD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! Maybe I should come to you if you enjoy editing so much ;) Congrats!

    ReplyDelete

Yay! I love comments.